Youth coaching is a branch of life coaching designed to encourage personal development in young people while providing an outlet for their stresses and anxieties.This coaching services is ideal for young people aged 14-21.
Why hire a Youth coach?
The teenage years can be a strange and difficult time for everyone involved. The family dynamic often changes dramatically during this time, as teenagers fight for their independence and parents fight to maintain control in the house. A youth coach can be hired to:
- help troubled teenagers get back on track
- encourage a better work ethic
- help young people deal with difficult issues
- discover potential and set goals to reach it
- help improve family dynamic.
Youth coaching benefits for parents
Youth coaching has a great many benefits from the perspective of a parent.
Although we’ll always want to be there for our children, sometimes the best thing we can do is accept that, in some situations, we simply can’t. The fact is that there are parts of every teenager’s life that can’t be shared with parents.
This can be difficult to come to terms with. Suddenly that innocent little child who used to depend solely on you wants to go out and do their own thing – explore their changing bodies and experiment with everything life has to offer. You can’t control everything they encounter out there, and you probably know that part of your role as a parent is to stand back and let them get on with it. All you can do is ensure that enough measures are put in place to give them the best chance possible.
Booking your teenager into a series of youth coaching sessions could benefit you in the following ways:
- A youth coach can approach subjects your child feels unable to talk about with you, such as sex, sexuality and body-image issues. Even though you may not be able to help them personally, you can rest easily knowing there is someone there they can talk to about these difficult subjects.
- A youth coach will help your child develop mature ways to deal with conflict, which could potentially make family life easier for everyone in the house.
- Coaching could help your child to better understand the emotions he or she is experiencing and how best to deal with them. Often, conflict arises out of misinterpreted or badly conveyed emotions. E.g. your child might lash out and break something in anger, when really they are just feeling scared or worried. Youth coaching helps young people to understand and control their confused emotions, encouraging an easier parent-child relationship.
Youth coaching benefits for teenagers
During any transitional point in our lives it can be easy to lose sense of who we are, what we’re worth and where we are headed in life.
The transition between child and adulthood is fuelled with hormone imbalances, mood swings and bewildering bodily changes, making everyday problems all the more scary and taxing. Young people who visit a youth coach benefit in the following ways:
- They get the chance to talk about difficult subjects such as bullying, relationships and sex.
- They are encouraged to see the world from fresh perspectives.
- They can set goals for self-improvement.
- The can achieve their ambitions.
- They can learn to handle emotions.
- They get the support of an objective and non-judgemental mentor.
- They learn to build confidence and social skills.
- They leave feeling motivated and inspired.
1. Coaching Workshops (for groups up to 30 students)
Workshop 1. Career Coaching – My Life and Career Pathway Plan (approx. 3 hours)
Workshop 2. Life Coaching – Steps for My Life Success (approx. 3 hours)
Workshop 3. School Performance – My Top Performance Plan (senior students – 3 hours)
Workshop 4. School Performance – Steps for My School Success (junior students – 3 hours)
Workshop 5. Peer Coaching Skills Training (minimum 3 hours)
2. Coaching Programs
We can customise a program that combines all or some of the coaching modules and can include many extended coaching activities that could be delivered over several weeks of months in separate sessions. The Length and content of the Program can be tailored to meet your requirements.
3. My Life Plan Coaching (for fresh graduates/young Adults)
Creating a Vision
Mapping out actionable steps to realize the vision in SMART goals
Exploring opportunities in career or Entrepreneurship
4. Young Women Coaching
is an intensive program where young women work one-on-one with a certified personal life coach on a weekly basis for up to one and a half years. This builds trust and capacity, addresses identified needs and gives youth the confidence and tools to set positive goals in key areas of their lives. Women in the program are also encouraged to attend a full spectrum of integrated skill and personal development programs to support their transformation.